Do you really *need* that certification? Which ones are most important to have? In this episode we take a look at the importance of certifications AND what it means to use your own experience while developing your expertise in your industry. Certifications are not the be-all and end-all AND they are certainly an important piece of the puzzle when it comes to your own education.
In This Episode You Will Hear:
- Why we need to do a better job of requiring certifications in the fitness industry.
- Your own experience (or success) is not enough and why telling people, “Do what I do” is dangerous.
- Confidence is not found in certifications
- We need experience, knowledge, and certifications to be able to fill in the gaps.
- Knowledge is cool, but humans are complex and we need to learn how to listen and hold space.
- The certs I have and what has been helpful for my own learning.
Links & Resources For This Episode:
- Join The Den, my online strength & conditioning program
- Join my Email Newsletter
- Come say hi over on IG @allisontenney