Having your ideas taken is the worst. It’s happened to us all, and while people will tell you, “imitation is the greatest form of flattery,” plagiarism is NOT. In this episode, we talk about how you can hone your own creative process, where to start, and what that has looked like for me over the years. In a time when consuming information can be mindless – let’s be intentional about creating.
In This Episode You Will Hear:
- Why so many of us start out mimicking those we admire
- It’s easy to spot the copycat
- You may not get caught this one time, but it’s not a sustainable long term strategy.
- Why I Mute and Unsubscribe from even my BEST friends stuff.
- At some point you need to move from Consuming to Creating, and how to do that.
- Connection is at the core of creating.
Links & Resources For This Episode:
- Join The Den, my online strength & conditioning program
- Join my Email Newsletter
- Come say hi over on IG @allisontenney
Podcast: Play in new window | Download