Shame has no place in helping us achieve goals and yet we are told to push on pain points and drag out our shame in order to “fix” the pieces of ourselves that are deemed unworthy. I call bull shit. To stop the cycle we must learn to be our own shame disruptors. It’s also why I created my coaching program, The Wolfpack. because strength and fitness without unlearning the harsh narratives of scarcity will never be enough. In this episode, we talk about what it takes to disrupt shame, why it’s used in the fitness industry, and how we can be agents of change – for ourselves and for those around us.
In This Episode You Will Hear:
- Shame is a normal human emotion.
- The fitness industry preys on your feelings of guilt/shame to sell you products to “fix” yourself.
- Why I created my 6-month coaching program, The Wolfpack, to combat these narratives in the industry.
- It takes a community and a container to practice being a shame disruptor
Links & Resources For This Episode:
- Join The Wolfpack, my 6-month, high-touch, online strength & conditioning program.
- Join my Email Newsletter
- Brené Brown
- Come say hi over on IG @allisontenney